Memsource a.s. with its registered office at Spálená 108/51, 110 00 Prague 1, Czech Republic (“Memsource”, “we”, “us” and “our”) (acting as a data controller) values your privacy and cares about the way in which your personal data is treated. We want you to understand how and why your personal data is collected, used, and shared by Memsource.
What personal data do we collect about you?
Your personal data that we collect about you in connection with our potential or actual business cooperation with you or your organisation: your name and surname, job title, name of your organisation, email address, phone number, Skype contact details, Memsource Cloud ID, information from your LinkedIn profile, information about your participation in conferences, information about our historic interaction with you or your organisation, information about the use of the Memsource Cloud by you or your organisation, and information about opportunities for further sale of our products to you or your organisation.
How do we obtain your personal data?
We obtain personal data about you from three different sources. We obtain some of the personal data directly from you, such as your name, surname, and contact details. Then there are certain personal data that are created in the course of our relationship with you or your organisation, such as information about our interaction with you. Finally, we also collect some personal data about you from public sources such as your LinkedIn profile.
How do we use your personal data?
Your personal data will be processed for the following purposes:
to enable you or your organisation to use the Memsource Cloud or its trial versions;
to discuss our potential business relationship with you or your organisation; and, if you or your organisation becomes our client, to maintain the business relationship with you or your organisation;
- our internal reporting;
- to provide you or your organisation with business proposals; and
- for future marketing, including sending to you marketing materials about Memsource and its services and products by email (if applicable).
On what legal basis do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data on the following basis:
- if you or your organisation becomes our client, then the processing of your personal data for the purpose of use of Memsource Cloud is necessary to allow us to perform a contract that we have concluded with you or your organization; and
- processing of your personal data for other purposes listed in Section “How do we use your personal data?” is based on our legitimate interest as processing of personal data for these purposes: (i) to help us to maintain a productive communication and business relationship with you or your organisation, (ii) to improve our ability to understand your business needs and (iii) to improve our services.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We will always keep your personal data for the period for which we maintain inactive interaction with you or your organisation, and for the duration of our business relationship with you or your organisation. We will also keep your personal data where required by law or where we need to do so in connection with potential or actual legal action or an investigation involving Memsource. Data will be held until you opt-out or until two years has passed since the your last active communication with us.
With whom do we share your personal data?
Your personal data will be accessible to Memsource employees and, in certain specific cases, to authorised employees of certain suppliers of Memsource including, in particular, employees of Salesforce.com (our customer management solution provider), The Rocket Science Group LLC/Mailchimp (our provider of marketing automation platform), and Google Inc. (our email platform provider and provider of document storage solution) or any additional or replacement suppliers we may appoint from time to time.
Transfers of your personal data outside of your home country
Your personal data may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area. These countries include: USA, Canada, and Japan. The countries to which we transfer personal data may not have data protection laws that provide an adequate level of protection to your personal data.
We therefore take steps (which may include entering into data transfer agreements based on the model clauses approved by the European Commission) to ensure that the persons to whom we transfer data in those countries commit to ensure an adequate level of protection for your personal data. You can find more information about data transfer agreements here.
Protecting your personal data
Memsource may share your personal data with its suppliers under a written agreement which commits the suppliers to appropriate safeguards in relation to the handling of your personal data (including in relation to maintaining confidentiality of your personal data and implementing appropriate technical and organisational security measures).
Memsource will take appropriate legal, organizational, and technical measures to protect your personal data consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws.
You may be entitled to:
- opt out from processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- request information regarding the processing of your personal data, including being provided with a copy of your personal data;
- request the correction and/or deletion of your personal data, or object to the processing of your personal data;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal data; and
- request receipt or transmission to another organisation, in a machine-readable form, of the personal data that you have provided to us; and
- complain to your local data protection authority or to a court of law if your data protection rights are violated. You may be entitled to claim compensation for damages or distress incurred or suffered in consequence of unlawful processing of your personal data.
You are not required by law to provide your personal data to us however, if you don´t then we may not be able to provide you or your organisation with the Memsource Cloud. If you object to the processing of your personal data, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations. Depending on the scope of your request, this could mean that we will not be able to provide you or your organisation with the Memsource Cloud or any of its trial versions.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please let us know by getting in touch using the contact details below.
If you have questions or requests regarding the processing of your personal data, or require additional information, please contact: email@example.com