Consent and Privacy Notice for Sending of Marketing Communication
Memsource a.s. with its registered office at Spálená 108/51, 110 00 Prague 1, Czech Republic (“Memsource”, “we”, “us” and “our”) (acting as a data controller) values your privacy and cares about the way in which your personal data is treated. We want you to understand how and why your personal data is collected, used, and shared by Memsource.
What personal data do we collect about you?
Your name and surname, job title, name of your organisation, email address, phone number, country of your location, languages you speak, and identification of your social media account.
How do we obtain your personal data?
We obtain your personal data either directly from you or from public sources such as your LinkedIn profile.
How do we use your personal data?
Your personal data will be processed for marketing purposes, including sending you marketing materials about Memsource and its services and products by email.
On what legal basis do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data on the following basis:
- if you are not our former or existing client then processing of your personal data is based on your consent.
- if you are our former or existing client then processing of your personal data is based on our legitimate interest as it helps our business to offer you new products and services, and provide you with some other information about Memsource that you may find interesting.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We will always keep your personal data for the period for which we maintain an active interaction with you or your organization. We will also keep your personal data where required by law or where we need to do so in connection with potential or actual legal action or an investigation involving Memsource. Otherwise, Data will be held until you opt-out or until you don´t engage with us for more than one year.
With whom do we share your personal data?
Your personal data will be accessible to Memsource employees, as well as to authorized employees of certain suppliers of Memsource including, in particular, employees of The Rocket Science Group LLC/Mailchimp (our marketing automation platform provider) or any additional or replacement suppliers we may appoint from time to time.
Transfers of your personal data outside of your home country
Your personal data may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area. These countries include: USA, Canada, Japan. The countries to which we transfer personal data may not have data protection laws that provide an adequate level of protection to your personal data.
We therefore take steps (which may include entering into data transfer agreements based on the model clauses approved by the European Commission) to ensure that the persons to whom we transfer data in those countries commit to ensure an adequate level of protection for your personal data. You can find more information about data transfer agreements here.
Protecting your personal data
Memsource may share your personal data with its suppliers under a written agreement which commits the suppliers to appropriate safeguards in relation to the handling of your personal data (including in relation to maintaining confidentiality of your personal data and implementing appropriate technical and organizational security measures).
Memsource will take appropriate legal, organizational and technical measures to protect your personal data, consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws.
You may be entitled to:
- opt out from your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes;
- request information regarding the processing of your personal data, including being provided with a copy of your personal data;
- request the correction and/or deletion of your personal data, or object to the processing of your personal data;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal data; and
- complain to your local data protection authority, or to a court of law, if your data protection rights are violated. You may be entitled to claim compensation for damages or distress incurred or suffered in consequence of unlawful processing of your personal data.
You are not required by law to provide your personal data to us. If you object to the processing of your personal data, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please let us know by getting in touch using the contact details below.
If you have questions or requests regarding the processing of your personal data, or require additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.