Memsource a.s. with its registered office at Spálená 108/51, 110 00 Prague 1, Czech Republic (“Memsource”, “we”, “us” and “our”) (acting as a data controller) values your privacy and cares about the way in which your personal data is treated. We want you to understand how and why your personal data is collected, used, and shared by the Memsource Group*._
*Memsource Group means all entities with ownership relations within the Memsource holding controlled by Memsource Group Holding s.r.o. with its registered office at Spálená 108/51, 110 00 Praha 1. The Memsource Group includes, amongst others, Phrase.com / Dynport GmbH, with its registered office at ABC-Straße 4, 20354 Hamburg, Germany._
What personal data do we collect about you?
In the course of the recruitment process, we collect and generate information about you. This information includes mainly personal data provided by you:
- Your basic information – such as your name (including name prefix or title); gender; age; date of birth; relationship to a person; photograph;
- Contact information – such as your home address; email address; and phone number(s); and
- Talent Management Information – such as details contained in letters of application and resume/CV, previous employment background, all background checks (including criminal record checks where applicable) education history, professional qualifications, language and other relevant skills, details on performance management ratings and performance appraisals, and all correspondence with Memsource with regard to job applications, including references.
How do we obtain your personal data?
We collect your personal data submitted during Memsource’s recruitment process, or records obtained when you engage with Memsource’s Human Resources.
We may also receive personal data about you from other sources, such as recruitment agencies, healthcare provider directories, and publicly available sources. We combine personal data that we have about you from various sources, including the personal data that you have provided to us.
How do we use your personal data?
Your personal data will be processed for the following purposes:
- identifying and evaluating candidates for Memsource positions;
- record-keeping related to hiring processes;
- analysing the hiring process and outcomes; and
- conducting background checks, where permitted by law.
On the other hand, we will not:
- use your personal data for any other purposes than those described above; or
- make recruiting or hiring decisions based solely on automated decision-making; or
- transfer any of your data to any third country or international organization which are not considered to be providing adequate protection of personal data.
On what legal basis do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data on the following basis:
- to enter into an employment relationship with you;
- for the legitimate interest of Memsource, as the processing of your personal data is necessary for us to achieve purposes specified in Section “How do we use your personal data?”; and
- to comply with certain legal and regulatory obligations of Memsource.
How long will we keep your personal data?
In addition to using your personal data for the position for which you have applied, we may retain and use your personal data to consider you for other positions. If you do not want to be considered for other positions or would like to have your personal data removed, you may contact us as specified below. Unless required for tax or other legal purposes or in connection with employment, we will generally keep your data for a maximum of 3 months.
With whom do we share your personal data?
Your personal data will be accessible to certain authorised employees of the Memsource Group, as well as to authorised employees of certain suppliers of the Memsource Group, who provide the Memsource Group with various services.
Protecting your personal data
Memsource may share your personal data with its suppliers under a written agreement which commits the suppliers to appropriate safeguards in relation to the handling of your personal data (including in relation to maintaining confidentiality of your personal data and implementing appropriate technical and organisational security measures).
Memsource will take appropriate legal, organizational, and technical measures to protect your data consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws.
You may be entitled to:
- request information regarding the processing of your personal data, including being provided with a copy of your personal data;
- request the correction and/or deletion of your personal data, or object to the processing of your personal data;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal data; and
- complain to your local data protection authority or to a court of law if your data protection rights are violated. You may be entitled to claim compensation for damages or distress incurred or suffered in consequence of unlawful processing of your personal data.
You are not required by law to provide your personal data to us, however, if you don’t, then we will not be able to consider you as candidate for a position in Memsource. If you object to the processing of your personal data, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations. This could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes of processing described above.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please let us know by getting in touch using the contact details below.
If you have questions or requests regarding the processing of your personal data, or require additional information, please contact: