If you’re in need of quickly creating multiple users in one go, you can import them from XLSX. Just follow these steps:
- Go to Users and click on the Import button.
- Download a sample XLSX file which serves as an import template.
- Open the template and fill the required information (Note column is optional).
- The template gives you a hint what the expected values are and we have also implemented some basic checks directly into it.
- Mind the capitalisation in Role, Active and Receive newsletter columns.
- Go back to Import Users window, which is still open, select the file and click Import.
- Memsource displays number of successfully imported users and list of rows with error description, if there are any.
Note: After fixing errors in the XLSX file, be sure to delete rows that were previously imported successfully; otherwise, Memsource would generate “The specified username is not unique (already exists in the system)” error since you would try to import the same users again.