Memsource Cloud 3.8 has been released on Sunday, 3 November 2013 at 11:15 AM GMT. Memsource Cloud 3.8 includes over 100 improvements and bug fixes. These are the most important new features:
- Job dashboard
- The job dashboard provides an overview of the statuses of a project’s jobs. It is displayed for projects 2 and more jobs and is minimized by default.
- Project sections minimization
- All sections (jobs, analyses, TMs, TBs…) in a project page can be minimized/maximized by clicking on the section’s title.
- Jobs in progress
- A new field “Jobs in Progress” has been added to the user detail page. It displays the same information that has been available already in the user list page (under “Jobs”).
- Job status filtering
- It is now possible to select multiple job statuses when filtering jobs in a project
- Projects filtering by language
- Projects can now be filtered by source and/or target language
- Which term base for QA
- It is now possible to select against which term base(s) quality assurance should be launched in a project
- This can prevent a lot of noise during QA, by not selecting term bases that are not sufficiently specific for example
- German is now available as another language in Memsource Cloud user interface, thanks to our German localization partner zappmedia.
- Pre-translating locked segments
- The pre-translate feature available from within Memsource Cloud used to override locked segments. Now, locked segments are left intact.
- New languages
- We have added support for Sami North and Sami Lule
- Linguist users with an outdated version of Memsource Editor will be notified
- Data storage policy updated
- We have already announced some changes to our data storage policy with our previous release. We have added some more options now and also postponed the start of old project deletion
- As of 5 February 2014, Memsource system will start deleting projects that are older than 1 year
- Users will be able to postpone (even repeatedly) the project deletion date for selected projects
- Users will also be able to purchase extra project lifetime when subscribing
- Adjustment of our pricing in US dollars
- The US dollar has been trading at a two-year low for some time now and the gap between our euro and dollar pricing has become too wide. Therefore, we will be increasing our US dollar pricing slightly as of 1 November 2013. For instance, the Team edition will cost $180 instead of $170 monthly per project manager. Our euro prices remain unchanged
- Add users/upgrade online
- It is now possible to add users and/or upgrade one’s Memsource edition directly through Memsource Cloud, without contacting Memsource support. Just click on the “Add users or upgrade edition” link under Setup in Memsource Cloud
- Memsource Editor
- Memsource Editor 3.132 or higher should be used with Memsource Cloud 3.8. Download and install now.
- Plunet and XTRF
- Both Plunet and XTRF have introduced API-driven integration starting with Memsource Cloud 3.8.
- Term metadata tooltip
- We have introduced a metadata tooltip that displays term metadata when browsing through a Memsource Cloud term base.
- TBX metadata mapping
- When importing terminology from a 3rd-party tool, such as MultiTerm, critical metadata such as timestamps, notes “note” and usage notes “usageNote” get now automatically mapped to the corresponding fields in MemSource
- Custom segmentation
- It is now possible to select custom segmentation rules when aligning files.
- Memsource now supports KantanMT out of the box
- InDesign and locked layers
- The InDesign filter does not process locked layers by default (“Extract locked layers”).
- We have redesigned our XLIFF and HTML filters to be able to provide more advanced functionality
- For instance, we will be able to support the localization functionality of HTML5 and also introduce the support of XLIFF 2.0 more rapidly
- List of editor hotkeys
- We have created a page with a comprehensive list of hotkeys of both Memsource Editor and Memsource Web Editor
- Changes in how QA is applied to term bases in a project
- QA must be specifically selected for a term base in project if QA is to be run against that term base
- Use the qualityAssuranceTermBase parameter in the project/setTermBases API call to do this
- Delete analysis
- A new API call has been introduced: analyse/delete.
- QA-related info
- More QA-related info is available for jobs via job/getSegmentsCount.
- Search term base
- A new call that allows searching a term base has been introduced: termBase/search
- Translation memory search API expanded
- transMemory/search now supports additional parameters, such as previousSegment and nextSegment. Thanks to these improvements, in-context matches are now supported in the API.
- Insert into translation memory
- transMemory/insert is a new API call that we have introduced
- New option in QA settings
- strictJobStatus is a new parameter that makes it possible to enforce the resolution of all QA warnings by linguists
- When true, linguists may not set jobs with unresolved QA warnings to Completed