This customer testimonial has been provided by Horacio Carman and Gustavo Lucardi of Trusted Translations.
Trusted Translations is a leading provider of on-site interpretation, ASL, and document translation services with over 15 years of experience. Trusted Translations was founded in Washington, D.C. Today it has offices in several major U.S. cities as well as international locations in the rest of the Americas and Europe.
Trusted Translations is known for providing quality translation service at competitive rates. To be able to do to this, we need a robust and efficient translation technology. Towards the end of 2011 we decided to overhaul our translation memory infrastructure. At that time we were using a number of tools, ranging from client-server to cloud-based systems.
At the beginning of 2012 we short-listed various CAT tool products and put them through a series of rigorous tests. To our surprise, Memsource Cloud performed extraordinarily well. In particular, we found the following:
- Good results in file conversion
- Solid translation memory, terminology and quality assurance features
- Both project managers and translators found Memsource easy to use and fast to learn
- And importantly, Memsource Editor (the Memsource CAT tool) is available as a free download to anyone
Based on the performance of Memsource Cloud, we decided to start to integrate Memsource into our process for just certain projects and increase our commitment once we become more familiar with the technology.
- We started our Memsource experience in May 2012 by asking one of our senior project managers to run some of his projects through MemSource.
- After a couple of months – as we were happy with the results – we decided to expand Memsource usage in Trusted Translations and started involving more project managers.
- After 6 months of using Memsource Cloud and processing more than 10 thousand files in it, we decided to increase our commitment to it even more.
And as we look back, it is actually quite remarkable how few issues we have had with Memsource thus far. While still relatively new, we have found Memsource to provide a robust translation environment and one that constantly keeps evolving for the better.
In addition to achieving very solid performance as a translation memory tool, the monthly subscription rate is all inclusive: Unlimited usage, support, upgrades plus we do not have to pay for server hardware and other related costs.
We can sincerely recommend Memsource to anyone looking for a robust but user friendly translation technology.