This customer testimonial has been written by Petros Barbopoulos, the CEO and founder of Paspartu.
Paspartu, based in Athens, Greece is a leading language service provider serving international customers in a number of industries, primarily the medical devices, pharmaceuticals, logistics, and government sectors. With a staff of 20 professionals, and 15 years of existence with over 35,000 completed translation projects, it has what it takes to deliver an efficient and high quality translation service.
Paspartu holds a number of official European Commission certificates and a wide portfolio of reference letters from private customers, all over the world, for over 20 language combinations, which guarantees the quality of services provided.
Paspartu has developed PathPartu.net, an inhouse translation workflow management system that offers a high degree of automation in delivering translation assignments to its clients. It was looking to complement its inhouse ERP system with a translation environment that would offer the same degree of efficiency for the critical translation technologies:
- Translation memory
- Terminology management
- Quality assurance
- Translator’s workbench
After evaluating the available translation memory systems in the market and an extended period of using Memsource Cloud for a part of our projects, we have decided that Memsource is the right long-term solution for us. We have signed up for the premium Ultimate edition that also offers API access in September 2012. A month later the integration between our inhouse workflow system and Memsource was completed. The integration further streamlines our internal process and we are able to launch most operations in Memsource directly from our workflow system (creating projects, assigning TMs, TBs, linguists, running word count analysis, etc.).
This is a brief account of our migration to Memsource Cloud:
We have started using Memsource in March 2012, initially using the Team Start edition. After running a couple of hundred projects, we have upgraded to the Team edition and eventually in September 2012 to the Ultimate edition, which also offers APIs.
The volume of translation jobs that we have been running in Memsource has been rising steadily. Our most recent average is close to 1,000 translation jobs each month. The migration to Memsource Cloud was suprisingly smooth and I would like to thank for the great support that we have been getting from the Memsource support team. We feel like having an in-house translation technology partner.
In the past we had too many problems bloated over-complicated TM solutions. We found Memsource to provide the exact same features, only in a much more user-friendly way. Things got just so much easier for us.
- Memsource is cloud-based, so there is no need to worry about maintenance, upgrades, the actual server hardware, etc.
- Memsource Editor, the translator’s workbench that is available as a free download, is a great component too. It robust but at the same time light-weight, it seamlessly connects to the cloud but also supports translating with a very unstable internet connection or even offline.
- Our training costs in terms of both time and financial costs went down dramatically; this is true for both project manager staff and freelancers. Even freelancers with no previous experience with Memsource Editor, find the tool very easy to use and after going through the one-page user manual, they are ready to start translating. Finally, you do not have to be an IT guru to use a CAT tool.
- The responsiveness of Memsource Editor is amazing. It is completely contrary to what one would think – that translating online will result in a slow down. And we have compared this to other, both cloud-based and more traditional client-server translation memory systems.
- The actual migration to Memsource went really smoothly, as Memsource supports all the industry standards: TMX, TBX, XLIFF, etc. So data migration was not really an issue.