Today at 8:15am GMT we have released version 2.2 of Memsource Cloud. The single biggest improvement is, no doubt, the Linguist Portal. Up until now, linguist users were not able to sign in to Memsource Cloud to e.g. see the list of translation jobs which were assigned to them. Typically, they would get their translation jobs emailed directly from the Memsource Cloud system. This worked fine but the need for linguist access to Memsource Cloud was there anyway.
Starting with today’s release, only notifications of new jobs will be emailed to linguists from Memsource Cloud and linguists will be able to sign in themselves to Memsource Cloud, accept the job, and download the MXLIFF file for translation. Once translated, they will be able to change the status of the job to “Completed by Linguist”. A project manager is notified by email whenever a linguist changes a translation job’s status. On top, linguists are able to join multiple files from a project in a self-service mode and a view an file analysis that a project manager has assigned to the linguist.
We have updated the Getting Started Guide for Linguists, which you can share with your linguist users and we will be releasing a video soon on the new features. TO LEARN MORE, VISIT OUR TODAY’S WEBINAR.
Important: Email Notifications
Email notifications will work correctly only if appropriate email templates have been set up in your organization’s account. Please make sure that under Setup – Email Templates there is a template of type “Job Assigned” and another of type “Job Status Changed“. It is highly recommended that existing Memsource users:
- Modify their existing “Job Assigned” template in line with the new Job Assigned Template
- Create a new “Job Status Changed” email template, using this Job Status Changed Template
Learn more about email templates here.
A screenshot of what a linguist user sees when signed in to Memsource Cloud:
Other New Features
- Trados TTX files now import also with the corresponding TM match percentage displayed in Memsource Editor
- TMX import has been optimized for some Trados TMX file formats (e.g. Trados tags are converted to Memsource tags for better leverage); the detection of a Trados TMX is automatic
- Import of large Excel files have been significantly speeded up
- Analysis of large files has also been speeded up
- An analysis can be assigned to a linguist and in that way it will get displayed to the linguist in the Linguist Portal
- New jobs cannot be created anymore in Memsource Cloud 1.0 projects (projects created before May 12, 2012)
- The Bosnian local has been added (BS and BS_BA have been added)
- Renaming of completed (target) files can be turned off under Setup – File Renaming